2.12.2015

Install of the Day !

Hi There ! 

We have been working with the Crowder family for a while now, and they could not be a nicer family! As you have seen in previous posts we made our way throughout the downstairs starting at the front door and making our way back. We have now made our way up the stairs. . . first stop the master!

The room had large wooden furniture that looked heavy and dark. The lines of the furniture were bulky and very traditional.  I immediately thought that the room need to be brighter and have a fresh clean feel. The house itself is not a contemporary house, so the design still needed to have a classic feel with a touch of color, softer lines and transitional furniture.

This fabric was my jumping off point ! 


I really liked the mix of the grey and browns this fabric had, with the pops of color which lead me to the curtain fabric. . . 
                                                                        

 The metallic embroidered detail in the curtains is gorgeous . . .



To me this is a more masculine fabric, I think it's important to have a balance of masculine and feminine touches in the master bedroom.

Like I said before, our main goal was to lighten up the space and make it feel larger. When choosing the case goods I chose a mix of white and dark woods with clean lines to help with that. I anchored the room on a fun, light, animal print rug in a cream color. Layering different shades of cream and white give the space a warmth, where as sometimes all while can read stark. 

Take a look at the finished product !





                        

These blue mercury glass lamps might be my favorite thing in the room!










This art brought all of the colors together in the room and filled a big void about " his " dresser






all photo's by Mekenzie France

First words out of Lori's mouth were it "looks so much bigger". . . mission accomplished!