6.29.2014

Install of the Day!

Hi There !

I received a call from Gadi Rwayitare about 8 weeks ago.  He and his family had just closed on a new home in Raleigh and needed quick help pulling it together for company coming July 4th weekend. Wanting an eclectic mix of new things, I loved this project for several reasons, older home with character and color filled furniture, fabrics, art and accessories.   He wanted a mix of urban, mid century and bohemian with a touch of the Congo (where he hails from).  Fun I say.  The living room, enclosed front porch and third floor family room were high on his list to complete.

With a short deadline, I had to select from vendors with quick ship programs.  I then I got really lucky with a few pieces being in stock that I really wanted but wasn't sure I could make happen in that time frame.  Working long distance has it's challenges - using sub contractors I didn't know and trusting their measuring skills, but with the exception of a little wall paper shortage in one room, it went off without a hitch.

Mekenzie and I followed the movers Thursday am to Raleigh and pulled together the living space in record time, a 12 hour turn around !  It's all about pattern on pattern and saturated color for this install of the day.

What was a completely empty family room is now a cozy, eclectic, fun space for this young family.




Prior to arriving I asked Gadi to have the room painted white and the window and door mullions painted black.  I love the way a white wall sets off color.  I also love to paint windows black with white walls - reminds me of a cool NY loft apartment with old casement windows.  We also painted the fireplace black for a little more drama.  





I think the design boards came really close to the real thing !



Keith is working on a series of ink on metal.  This piece was perfect for this blank spot, as well as this unique piece from Pacific Green.  


A little metal and wood shelving off set and styled up - leaving room for art to the right of it.


Mixed in a little mid century inspired seating and a unique floor lamp.


One of my favorite pieces is this rug covered occasional chair.  The colors are amazing !


Now I absolutely LOVE this piece by Joel Hopler.  I found it at Slate.  I took it for the install to show Gadi and Ruby.  They had been art shopping just prior and found a piece they loved.  So it is still available.  Call Terri at Slate if you want to snap it up.  

Joel will be showing at Slate the month of July.  His work (and his wife's) all amazing.





all photos by mekenzie france

The front porch came together, with the exception of two new rugs that won't be available until July - I love the eclectic pieces all clustered  to sit and relax with friends. Pictures coming soon !



The third floor media room was being papered when we arrived, they were running a little behind, so no pictures yet.  But heading back soon to take a few.

It was a fun and quick trip to Raleigh.