7.26.2015

Summer Holiday - European Style . . . Part Three.

Hey !

Last of the vacation images I promise  . . . but something might catch your eye and prompt you to hit London sooner rather that later, such a great city.  I met up with two friends of mine from grade school if you can believe that.. I am talking 6th -9th grade.  Hilarious actually.  We met for a long lunch and laughed about how we remember things that happened when we were 12 clearer than what we had for breakfast that day.  They looked exactly the same, delighted in showing my husband and daughter pictures of me at 12 (thanks).  It was so much fun. 

We walked from Colbert's (great french bistro in Sloane Square - the Chelsea part of town) over to the Saatchi Gallery... what a gem of a find that was.  Great show there.  Full of modern, abstract and mix media.  Lost Keith in there.  Take a peak at a few of my favorites.

artist: eddy llunga kamuanga
acrylic on canvas



artist: jorge mayet 
electrical wire, paper, acrylics, fabric
sculptural installation - my favorite
artist: alejandro ospina
oil on canvas

 (lucy looking at me say . . . "seen enough art mom - want to go to Drop Dead and get a T Shirt)

artist: rafael gomezbarros
resin, fiberglass, madera, screen cotton

Only having one more day in London I made a point of going to see the Designers Guild, Osborne & Little and Harlequin / Scion showrooms.


As expected, beautiful showrooms and getting a glimpse of the new intro ahead of the US was a treat!



Our last venture out was back in the Soho part of town, Carnaby.  Must say the shopping in this town gives NYC a run for it's money.  The best boutiques and big brands, all so condensed in several neighborhoods.  I don't know . . .  the beauty of this city, the architecture, the side streets filled with unique finds - shop after shop .  . is pretty great.  Definitely a girl's trip destination if you want to shop for the latest....  bring an empty suitcase.




We headed back to the hotel for one last snack and look around.  I tell you, the pastries alone on this vacation were sinful.  


Hated leaving, but it time to go back to the real world . . .





Lucy, hope you will always remember the time the three of us spent wandering around these two amazing cities.  You have grown up so fast and are becoming the most beautiful young lady.  I love your uniqueness, calmness and artistic side.  You amaze me every day and I am so lucky to have you in my life.

xox mom


Cheerio and Au revoir !!