7.13.2015

Install of the Day !

Happy Monday . . .

There is a lot of banging going on downstairs at my abode, with a major renovation underway.  I am held up in my master bedroom getting my thoughts together, packing and orchestrating for our summer vacation!  We are jumping across the pond to celebrate Lucy's 16th birthday !!!  I tried to plan our trip around our renovation and all new floors downstairs .  . stressing me out a bit, but when I get back it should be done done !!!

So I have a few minutes here and I thought I'd post last week's install at Jen and Mark Greer's!  With Mekenzie being back from her honeymoon the two of us hit a few of the installs we worked on so she could shoot them while still fresh and new !!!

I am on this soothing blue and white kick at the moment, or at least that's the request I am getting a lot these days.  Last year I helped the Greer's with their downstairs just after they purchased their Eastover home and now the time has come to tackle the Master Bedroom.  With a clean slate and a newly renovated Master Bath, I was asked to create a calm retreat.  

Take a look at their color palette.



Was so happy they were game for the wall sconces !


The starting point of this project . . . Jeffrey Alan Marks recent introduction with Kravet.
I fell in love with these two fabrics and worked the entire room around them !




Take a look at the finished product.  We decided to have a new bed made and relocate it to the window wall, with a large window treatment behind it to "disguise" the off centered window.  This allowed more room for new dressers, side tables and a piece for under the TV.


The slightly odd "nook" space became the perfect spot for her dresser, floor mirror and the "disco" ball.


The addition of the Phillip Jeffries grass cloth added that extra layer of texture I was looking for !


So soothing !


New lighting, new mirrors - all tie together.


The details are what I love.. this swivel pouf.



The dresser hardware.


The mirror.


The art and sea sponge bowl - thank you Cotswald Marketplace!

With the newly renovated master bath, we chose a striking sconce and two new mirrors.  All white and pale grey.






So pretty, enjoy Greer's !!!