7.04.2019

Install of the Day !

Hi!

Long distance !  When you have such a laid back and trusting client as this one, it's pretty easy.  Love working with Eve and this is round two.  Having recently moved we decided to change it up.  The colors are softer at my pushing, but plugging in the punch was a must for Eve.  This main living space was my focus, though we had the whole 1st floor to do.

This room has such an open feeling into the kitchen, a breakfast area and side porch.  The heart of the house.  I really wanted a soothing feel with neutrals, light greys and whites.  I used the pop of navy to tie back to the dining room and front office.

Take a look at the finished product.


A few things about this space.  Rather than built in's on either side of the fireplace I found the perfect pieces with a brass mesh front.  Good to hide kid things, but even better to be able to access the electronics through the mesh.  With just 1 inch to fit, they are perfect.  Two large custom sofas, 100" each in a kid friendly fabric and one swivel.  I used my favorite coffee table and rug in this space, and added at the last minute a brass and blue velvet bench.


Clean and fresh feeling with a touch of navy in the ombre curtains and a custom art piece by Keith.  Love this space.

We also made a screen for the dead corner in a silver leaf tucked back by the windows.

Take a look at the details.










This dining room flows well with a hand painted black and white wall treatment and navy velvet chairs.  New art piece and show stopping chandelier, extra large.

We used her existing dining table I found a few years ago and added a sideboard in the same rustic wood, but with a marble top to dress it up.



art by keith keim

Now back in January when I delivered the bulk of Eve's things I took a few IG pics . . .



Love the foyer fixture and pop of color on the ceiling.



The dry bar has the most color !





And back in January it was too cold... Filling the porch with plants now !




Such a fresh new look for one of my favorite DC clients and her family !