7.03.2019

Spotlight: J Cohler Mason Design

Hi !

Having recently posted my day at the Kips Bay Show House I wanted to show off a few additional images of Jennifer Cohler's work.  Her space in the show house was beautiful and I had a few moments to speak with her.  What I appreciated the most is her intimate work with artisans and craftspeople to include lighting designers, cabinet makers, weavers, painters and upholsterers.  What makes an amazing designer is the artistic combination of the unusual, the special, the unique.  A room truly is a canvas and this space is just that. 

With all my years in the business I know my imagination is only as good as the craftsman I work with.  Even though translation can be hard sometimes, when you connect with those of such great talent you can create something unique and special.  I tell them all the time "they make me look good."  The collaboration is everything and when you find a few great ones nurture that relationship.

With a background as a fashion designer she certainly has an eye for fabric and tailoring which is an integral part of interior design.  Detailed and fluid, quality and craftsmanship.   I applaud her amazing eye.

Just take a good !






photos via her site



Amazing work Jennifer.




25 EAST 67 STREET, SUITE 9C

NEW YORK NY 10065

212.418.1230