1.24.2015

Spotlight: Caitlin McGauley, Illustrator

Hey There . . .

Ever heard of Caitlin McGauley?  A New York based artist and illustrator?  Think of Kate Spade or Tory Burch and it might ring a bell.  McGauley is best known for her whimsical work infusing bold color and pattern in detailed watercolors.  Her inpressive list of clients include Hermes, Ralph Lauren and Tiffany & Co. just to name a few.    I have loved her work with Lonny Magazine on Watercolor Wednesdays and in Domino as a frequent illustrator.  On this dreary, cold, grey day here in Charlotte, these images might just let the sun in.  I love her work !



 photo by caroline biggs


I am quite excited about her new line of wall papers which came out this past October.  Take a look at a few of the pinks I especially love.






 photo by caroline biggs

photo by caroline biggs


Or, how about the black and whites . . .



I have put this high on my list of Powder Room wall paper options (mixed with the black and white polka dot on the ceiling !)




I am thrilled about the papers - large scale versions of her gorgeous prints 

Take a look at some of her past work I have saved on my big wall for inspiration.












I keep telling Kate to practice, practice - someday this could be her!