1.23.2015

Install of the Day . . . Part 2.

Hi !

Now this room really surprised me, in such a good way.  It's one of my favorites.  Sarah handed over all the wedding gift cards and I tried to get really creative to give her a completely new look as oppose to just a small facelift we originally talked about.  She was great in letting me just "do it" and surprise her.  Imagine white walls and her headboard - that was my starting point.  I chose to go dark on the walls to create a cozy, dramatic look.  I knew all along the art and rug would bring light to the walls.  I burned through her wedding and Christmas gift cards !


West Elm wedding gift cards got her the rug and chandelier - score.  Another visa gift card landed those gorgeous Rose Cummings curtains.  Sarah saw them in my office and was obsessed.  I drew all the colors from the curtains and her existing headboard.  Filtering in a Bunglow 5 side table that was being discontinued and on sale and creating most of the art myself... voila.. One good-looking room I think.  Hit Cotswold for a few goodies to pull it all together.

Take a peek at all the details !























all photos by mekenzie france

I am obsessed.