2.21.2018

Install of the Day !

Hi There !

Before we head off to Philly, I wanted to post a shoot from last week !  I have been wanting to post this install since Christmas, but we had a few last minute things to wrap up.  Then I was stuck at home recouping from a little minor surgery and couldn't really move at the pace I am use to.   A photo shoot takes a lot work if you haven't been apart of one... fluffing, shifting for the best shot, flowers, details - it's involved and doing that on crutches was a no go.  But ... now I have a new assistant and I broke her in on this shoot helping me get it ready for Mekenzie.  Thanks Morgan !!

A little back story on this couple . . . Sal and Lalaina Kafiti live in Elizabeth in an adorable bungalow.  They called last fall and needed my help with the renovation of their kitchen - which lead to finishing off the first floor of there house.  They have been a dream to work with and happy to say we have become friends.  Also got to work with an amazing group of craftsmen in the kitchen, Johnson Custom Cabinets - great new resource for cabinetry.

So, starting at the front door I wanted to create a colorful, multi-culture inspired space filled with interesting pieces, textures, fabrics and papers.  Something for the eye at every turn.  Where did I start ?  I assessed the pieces she had and the first thing we kept - a navy sofa.  This one piece did affect the color choices through.  Luckily they did not want an all white kitchen and navy is a great cabinet color - so we had a starting point.  The living room opens to a sitting room and dining room and while I wanted it cohesive, I did create a look for each space.  Take a look at my inspiration boards. . . and the finished product!





We completely changed the old brick fireplace which looked really heavy and added a new, modern, light tile from floor to ceiling.  Two new chairs with brass arms and a few of Windy O'Connor pillows.


Love the new inlay chest and a big fan favorite - the coffee table with inlay top over brass base.







Such pretty details in this space !


As you turn around from the fireplace in the living room you look into the sitting room.  I kept the fabulous black and white F. Schumacher wall paper they had.  I worked  around that by adding neutral pieces that all made a statement.  The sitting room compliments the colorful living room perfectly without being too busy.





Is this not the most amazing lamp !






We had fun in the dining room adding a big pop of color in the nook.  A Lindsay Cowles wall paper did the trick.  We tweaked the colors a bit and when that paper went up it completely came to life.  With the existing window seat, I decided to off set the dining table and chandelier to create a bigger walkway toward the kitchen.





I love the way this new double sided bar fits in the space.  Doors on both sides the perfect landing space for drinks and such !




The master bedroom is dreamy.  Off the sitting room, it's an eclectic combination of pieces that all speak to each other creating a vibe for sure !  A new upholstered bed with a gorgeous nail head detail.  I used navy and brought the pop of colors back in the rug.  This killer Kate Spade one . . . LOVE.  Mixing the side tables in like materials with a sconce on one side and a pendant on the there.  Such a cozy space !









Through the dining room you hit the new kitchen and family room !!  I wish I had a before picture of this kitchen... I think there must have been a couple of young fraternity boys that lived in this house... it was crazy bad.  I couldn't wait to gut it and create something livable and pretty !!




All new everything.




And lastly the family room off the kitchen.








A small new powder room with floater sink and floor to ceiling tile.



all photos by Mekenzie Loli

Such a fun and colorful house !