2.24.2018

Rustic glam


Hi !

Who doesn't love a little bit of metallic and shine?  I mentioned in a previous post (here) about my master bedroom, how I love metallic but not wanting an overly glam look since I tend to like a space that leans a little more on the casual side ( but I can get fancy when I need to... )

No only mixing finishes, but also mixing different design styles together is a fun way to achieve a cool eclectic space.  I love the look of an overly ornate gold mirror paired with a simple wood console or a crystal chandelier playing off of a brick wall. The contrast of the two styles creates a funky and fun focal point.  Metal and wood playing off each other will never get old..









I especially love this foyer, with the oversized vintage mirror. This is a perfect example of mixing styles, materials and finishes together to create an over all collected look. Oddly enough, my favorite piece is the sleek lighting fixture thrown in there unexpectedly. The metallic gold inside the shade of the light really ties everything together. The simple bare wood console takes this mirror from overly ornate glamour, to toned down and chic. 









Here's a peak at a cool project I'm working on that defiantly has a " rustic glam " feel to it ! 





Is a mix of rustic and glam going to be apart of your next room?