12.17.2014

Hot off the Press !

Hi There. . 

It's been so crazy, I just opened my copy of Charlotte Home + Garden this morning to see our new ad and saw that my clients Holly and Brian Adams home was featured !  That was a nice surprise, had no idea !!!  I worked with them last year to transform their family room, powder room.  We also added amazing wall paper and windows to the dining room, then moved onto the master bedroom not too long ago.  Having not been able to shoot the master yet, it was nice to see it photographed for the magazine.  

Holly and Brian agreed to put the home on the Elizabeth Home tour this past fall, so I am sure it was picture perfect, when the magazine came a courting for the feature.

Congrats Adams,  Looks great, and was happy to help !!















Take a look at some of the pictures Mekenzie shoot for me when we installed the room . .
One of my favorite ideas was hanging a large piece in the window over a new upholstered window seat we had made.  With the plantation shutters in place, that are rarely opened, I thought this was the perfect place for the big piece.  Strung from the ceiling, easy to lift off if need be.  We also created this window seat upholstery.  Matching the new sofa fabric, it ties together, makes the room seem bigger as oppose to a different fabric - I think. 


We painted the back of the bookcases in a splash color taken from the front of the house, re-styled and added this perfect mid-century style chair and ottoman I found at Slate.  Love it.  New larger lamp and pillows.



One of my favorite finds was this little vintage swing arm lamp over the sofa.. how cool is that and how perfect with the floor lamp.


I love this paper, always have and powder rooms are the perfect place for something striking !!! Flocked and raised, with black beaded board underneath.  Holly found the perfect overhead fixture and we added a new larger, more interesting mirror !


Holly did mention in the article she loved the dining room paper most of all.  Take a closer look at the overall detail.  This modern, graphic totally works with her collected Victorian pieces, and more modern art.  Perfect colors and also slightly raised in texture.   They had purchased the chandelier and I worked off of the colors in that.  I really love the mix of things in this space, especially when I pulled in the zebra bench from the living room.  It's a fun, comfortable and livable space !!

photos by mekenzie france


Thanks Charlotte Magazine and Holly and Brian Adams !