12.11.2014

Install of the Day !

Hi There !

It wasn't too long ago I was asked to help give the master bedroom for Pryia Patil a little life and color.  Pryia's main request - incorporate things with an Indian feel.  She loves textures and warm metallics.  With just a bed, rug, bookcase and teal sofa in the space it was up to me to help pull it all together.   I worked on various options (see original post here) with the rug, and it's colors, driving the design. The wall paper I chose to anchor that large bed ended up being my starting point.

Take a look at the finished product.


So here's what I had to work with.


Along with the wall paper, the curtain fabric is one of my favorite elements in this space.  A rich feel, shimmering pattern hung high.  So glamorous, it transformed that seating area.


I flanked the sofa with two tall gold leaf floor lamps that I think are Pryia favorite things.


Take a peek at some of the other details in the space.



What started it all . . .




I chose to pull these glass lamps into the space to visually have the sofa make sense.  Love their height and new silk shades.  The bone inlay side chests were the perfect choice for the look.  Larger than your average side tables for this big room with tall ceilings.  Scale was important here in both the chest and lamps.  With the height of the ceiling and the headboard as tall as it was, these new pieces being the right size was important.


Another touch of teal in the pillows brings it all together.  

all photos by mekenzie france


Love seeing it come to life !



A chandelier will be the last thing we need to decide on !  The power of Photoshop enabled me to pop the image into Mekenzie pictures for a visual !! 

We will see what she decides ?!!




Happy day.