12.03.2014

Install of the Day !

Hi There !

Mary Houck got a new room today.  Her Mom, Betsy - long time client and friend joined our team a while back and being surrounded by everything available is now tweaking her home.  One of the perks, and hard not to want all new stuff when you see what becomes available !!!  Mary, a sophomore at MPHS, did need a new look.  It was high on the list in the Houck home.  Out went the pink stripes and in went an eclectic mix of really cool stuff !

Take a look at the inspiration.








We are all a bunch of hippies at heart, but fancy hippies.  I pulled pieces from some of my favorite vendors all working around two pieces we kept in place.  The amazing Shine citron sideboard and a vintage headboard, that we had recovered in warn off white shear ling fabric.

Take a look at her new room, it's one of my favorites !


Keith hand painted these irregular pin stripes, similar to a wall paper I love, but in the colors I needed.  I found this little gem - literally - at Cotswold marketplace yesterday and had to have it.


My goal was to mix in all sorts of textures, this fringe burlap was calling my name !


As were these poufs !



We mixed woods with lacquers in this space.  I love the detail on the dresser drawers !
A little vintage lamp and a big, fun mirror !


This piece by Shine is amazing, always has been.  Betsy snagged it from my showroom years ago and we all still love love love it !!!!


Gorgeous new fabric by Romo, looks hand painted in a brilliant color combination.  Perfect for what I was going for.  I really wanted a dark, high texture blind.  These are black out lined and easy to open and close so the pretty curtains stay in tack (and you need less yardage !)


Yum!


Wedding blankets are hot right now.  Love this one mixed with this gorgeous fabric skirt.


And a purple rug - new, yet meant to look old.  Love.


Has to be one of my all time favorites !!!

Such a fun, fun install for Mary and Betsy.

photos by mekenzie france


I want this room.