12.19.2014

Marsala My Way . . .

Hey there . . 

So I couldn't sleep this am.  Rather than plow through the 148 emails (ugh .. I was out of the office all day yesterday installing and knew that was coming) - I played Scarlet O'Hara and avoided them and instead messed around with a room I would do if asked for the color of the year - Marsala.  Said I was liking the color more, so wanted to play around in my head with how I would actually use it.  Came to the conclusion I would stick to wall color.. in a dark lacquered version or maybe a solid sofa or chair.  Not your circa 1991 red walls with white trim.  I think I would dig it mixed with a lot of off white accessories, art and a lot antique brass.   Something like this.



Would have to mix in this piece I have always loved by Natural Curiosities.


and of course, DVF's Climbing Leopard.


Any takers?